Mango, citrus and star anis in a starring role
Softly sweet, with notes of anise and spices. An unexpected and fine combination of mango, citrus and spices. This recipe is a keeper.
If preferred, you can also add some sliced cumquat to your recipe.
- 20 g mango
- 0,1 g lemon zest or use dried lemon zest
- 0,3 g orange peel (cumquat, 2 pc also possible)
- 0,1 g thyme
- 0,1 g cinnamon
- 2 pc cardamom
- 0,2 g coriander
- 0,1 g almond
- 0,1 g peppermint
- 0,3 g camomile
- 500 ml basic quality Gin
1. Cut the V60 filter up to the estimated height of the ingredients.
2. Put one seed of the star anise on the bottom.
3. Cut a ripe and soft mango in small cubes and put them on top.
4. Blend the cinnamon and almonds in small pieces. Sprinkle over the ingredients.
5. Crush the coriander, cardamom, camomile, dried peppermint and orange blossom in a mortar and add on top of the ingredients.
6. Cut the lemon zest in small strips and put them on top.
7. Tear the dried orange peel in small pieces with your fingers and sprinkle on top.
8. Cover the ingredients with a top filter
9. Add the basic gin.
10. Adjust dripping speed to 1 drip per second. Allow time and gravity to do the work.